Saturday, September 06, 2008

Cats I Have Known

I need to discuss this cat I met. No, seriously, for those of you who are familiar with the enneagram and know what a Four is (keywords: different, special, glittery, easily distracted by shiny things), this cat - a resident of Lexington, KY, who I shall call "A" to protect his, er, anonymity - was a HUGE EFFING FOUR.

Eli and I walked into Lex BFF Don's house, where we stayed, as the cat-non-allergic people in the band. The feline members of the household were the aforementioned "A," and then another cat, who shall herein be called "J." We respect cat anonymity around here. Eli instantly gravitated toward cat "J," who was, shall we say, REGAL. Beautiful, gray, restrained, dignified. And then there was A. A was, as Don said, "a puddle of cat." Black and white - white face with black patterns and a big old black triangle over his nose. He was de-clawed and, well, he giggled. I mean, there was purring, but then there were other noises very akin to the giggle. He liked being rubbed under his chin, and apparently really likes corners. And no, not, like, cozying up all catlike in a corner, but likes hanging out in corners, staring at the wall, and just admiring their corner-like qualities!

A four-cat. I was instantly in love. I will miss him terribly and will advocate our return to Lexington very soon if for no other reason than for our reunion.

That is all for the moment.

Temim distracted-by-shiny-things Fruchter

8 Comments:

Blogger mcknz said...

you never cease to amaze me

2:08 AM  
Blogger Constintina said...

My black & white four cat also sits in corners, facing the corner, staring for long periods of time.

12:33 PM  
Blogger The Shondes said...

really>???!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Constintina said...

Yes. ALL THE TIME.

6:49 PM  
Blogger genderdance said...

This must be a B&W cat thing.. because I have 2 and one does enjoy corners while the other is trying to have a love affair with my laptop. If I am using it.. he has to somehow be touching it.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cats miss y'all too.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you can come hang out with "J" and "A" alll the time, they love visitors, and so do we!

Thanks again for playing here and being so awesome!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home