Friday, September 05, 2008

i'm in love with kentucky.

okay, i'm having an epiphany here (sitting at Headliners, a 500-capacity venue in Louisville, KY) -- it rules to play all different kinds of show spaces. really. while i might dream of the day we *can* play any venue we want, i don't dream of the day where we don't do cool shit like last night in Lexington -- where we rocked an all-ages show in a skate shop (the LAST remaining all-ages venue in Lexington!)

There was literally a ramp next to the "stage" and kids can skate while you play. IN fact, YOU can skate while you play, in theory. if you do things like that. It was awesome, despite my having to steam my throat after the show instead of actually communicating with anyone. We got to meet some rad people and eat avocados and see one of the most extensive horror movie collections in the country. i got to sleep in a room with said horror movie collection -- an entire section devoted to zombie movies, a stephen king-derived section, with "christine" awkwardly bridging the gap from that to the john carpenter section (well, that was my doing,) a whole lot of classics and a whole lot of classic crap -- it was amazing.

We love Don. He is our Lexington BFF.

Now, sitting at Headliners, I'm thoroughly enjoying the sound system, the comforting sound check (I am forcing myself to sing as "gently" as possible so I don't destroy my voice, and consequently, my life's an entire purpose - but if you know me, or anything about me, you know that not only SUCKS for me but is also damn near impossible), and the great bands on the bill. Young Widows, Lucky Pineapple and Venus Trap are all Louisville institutions that we're honored to be sharing a bill with.

I'll be sad to leave Kentucky tonight, but visiting Ian's family in Chicago will certainly be nice, not to mention another awesome break from van-liness.

xoxoLouisa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back to Kentucky soon!!!!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home