Sunday, September 07, 2008

adventures in satellite

Um. So, two of the most low-tech people on the planet are currently en route to St Louis in a borrowed Subaru with ample time and a million trillion XM satellite radio stations to explore. Louisa and Ian are in the Rented Monster Van as our sad Original Van sits in Chicago being repaired, and we are in the car with our minds being blown by satellite radio options.

I keep trying to sneak us back to such stations as "90s alternative" and "deep classic rock," while Eli is currently keeping us on "the message," which bills itself as Christian rock and pop. When he's not looking, I'm going to "Show tunes" next. Also, we listened to the Mets game which mostly just depressed us, but was still cool, 'cause, well, Mets game in the car on the way to St Louis.

Minute by minute updates:
-I torture Eli with Ultimate Karaoke rendition of "Somethin' to Talk About," including special Bonnie Raitt flourishes.
-I am taken back to my childhood love affair with Ricky Nelson as we listen to "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen," and I reminisce fondly about the day when I found out he was actually dead, which was a very hard day for me.
-I make us listen to the entirety of "Janie's Got a Gun."
-Some song involving "squirrels waving from the trees."
-I make us listen to the entirety of "Plush." I know, I know.
-The show tunes stations disappoints immensely. Shame!
-The DJ on the generic 60s station refers to the "drool trough."
-We discuss Prince and what kind of Four he is (see previous entry for Four, definition)
-Thank goodness for the Supremes.

Stay tuned here for more riveting excitement.
xo
Temim

2 Comments:

Blogger Constintina said...

Oh no! The van broke?? What's wrong with it now??!?

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST. plush! oh, STP...

also, SO SAD about the van! what happened?

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home